Sunday 15 June 2008

Big Daddy - Sandler To Return To Stand Up Roots


BIG DADDY star ADAM SANDLER has been inspired to go back to his roots as a stand-up comic after signing up to star in a new movie about comedians.

The actor plays a comedian in the currently untitled Judd Apatow-directed movie, which is due for release next year (09).

And Sandler - who started out on the comedy club circuit - insists he needs to get back to performing in front of live audiences before shooting stars later this year (08).

He tells MTV.com, "Man, I gotta write an act again. It's been a long time. I haven't done stand-up in, like, 10 years. Even more. So yeah, I gotta get to work this summer and start doing that again.

"That's why I want to kill Judd Apatow right now. I was so much happier doing nothing.

"Stuff like that (stand-up shows) will happen. You will see me bomb for about 15 minutes straight, then walk off and punch Judd."





See Also